October 21, 2011 28 Comments
- Revised interface and back-end programming to increase speed and performance and to enhance mobility
- Even better synchronization of email, contacts and tasks using Microsoft’s latest synchronization technology
- Better integration with Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac and Outlook 2012 for Windows
- Instant messaging brings instant communication
- Simpler and smoother installation and setup process
Getting Started with the BETA
If you’re interested in getting your hands on the BETA, please visit the SmarterMail 9.x BETA forum, where you’ll see how to:
- Sign up for the BETA
- Get a special BETA license key
- Download the latest BETA release – it’s being updated regularly
- Communicate with other users and the SmarterTools development team
- Follow the latest BETA release and stay up-to-date on the latest release notes
Focus on the interface – increasing speed and mobility
Are you ready for an incredibly powerful and fast web interface that can be used across desktops and tablets (including iPad and Android)? Now you have it! With SmarterMail 9.x, we have optimized the web interface for even the slowest of tablets while making it “XOOM” on desktops. We believe users deserve the full SmarterMail experience across all platforms, whether your using a mouse or a touch interface.
Outlook and SmarterMail!
SmarterMail 9.x is one of the only mail servers (including Microsoft Exchange) to support Exchange Web Services (EWS). EWS is Microsoft’s new technology allowing Microsoft Outlook to connect natively and seamlessly with a mail server. Currently, Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac supports EWS and the upcoming Microsoft Outlook 2012 for Windows will support it as well. EWS is intended to replace the old and antiquated MAPI technology, allowing for much faster communication and access to the latest technologies, and joins the existing methods already provided for connecting Microsoft Outlook and SmarterMail together!
More SYNC friendly
Ice Cream Sandwich, iOS 5, Mango, Lion and more! The industry is ever evolving and so is SmarterMail as it continues to focus on improvements in supporting the latest technologies. Whether you or a user wants to try a new mobile phone, tablet or OS you can be assured SmarterMail will meet your needs.
Email is good
but instant is GREAT!
No matter the size of an organization, the ability to communicate securely and instantly is crucial. SmarterMail 9.x integrates an Instant Messenger seamlessly without any additional configuration. Whether you’re logged into the Web Interface or would like to use a Jabber client on your desktop, tablet or mobile device, communicating with other users in your organization is great!
installation and setup
Although SmarterMail is one of the easiest and more lightweight mail servers on the market, we have not stopped improving the process to get new servers installed and setup! SmarterMail 9.x introduces an updated getting started wizard with multiple walkthrough videos to help simplify the process.
Is that it?
SmarterMail 9.x has many more features and improvements. Below is a quick overview of some that may be of interest:
- Outgoing Mail Quarantine – messages flagged as spam or as a virus can now be quarantined for review to better understand why they were blocked and who was blocked.
- Appointment Conflict Notification – when making appointments from Web mail, SmarterMail automatically notifies you of conflicts between your attendees.
- Administrative logging – all system and domain setting changes are now logged for auditing purposes.
- Sender Match to Authenticated Address – a heavily requested feature to require the authenticated email address also be the email address used as the sender’s “From” address.
- APS Integration – SmarterTools is now providing APS packages for Parallels’ control panels for more comprehensive integration
- Web Services – additional web services have been made available to further automate the provisioning and configuration of SmarterMail