August 26, 2010
We’re excited to announce that SmarterStats 6.x is scheduled for release in a few short weeks. In fact, we’re just days away from beginning the SmarterStats 6.x BETA testing (so stay tuned for those details).
SmarterStats 6.x truly showcases the power of log analytics over script-based solutions. For example, log analysis helps webmasters and designers view traffic and site visit details just as script-based products do. However, SmarterStats goes well beyond that and can help developers and system administrators by reporting on items like page load times, bandwidth usage and server errors. This additional functionality helps to proactively reduce problems on the site as well as on the Web server. In large scale installations like in an enterprise or Web hosting company, this flexibility and power is crucial for ensuring the highest possible uptime. And it’s something you won’t get from Google Analytics.
As we patiently wait for the BETA, here are a few more features and enhancements you can look forward to in the next version of our Web log analytics and SEO software:
- A completely redesigned interface that follows the look and feel of our industry-leading SmarterMail 7.x mail server
- Improved organization of reports, making it easier to find and analyze the website statistics you need, when you need them
- New overview reports for each report section, giving an ideal snapshot of the data contained within each section and complementing the more detailed report items available
- International search engine support, so you discover more about how your website performs in google.it, google.de, google.co.uk, etc.
- ISP/Organization reports, so you can easily see who your biggest providers of traffic are
- Improved search engine spider and bot reporting to help users identify which pages spiders and bots crawl, and, more importantly, which pages they don’t
- Better display of SEO reporting to help you improve search engine optimization efforts
- And much more…
In the next few days we’ll be releasing more details on these and other features planned for SmarterStats 6.x, so keep an eye on @SmarterTools or the community forums. And be sure to participate in the SmarterStats 6.x BETA, which starts the week of August 30. Benefits of participating in SmarterTools BETA programs include:
- Access to private forum topics that are only for BETA participants
- Access to the latest builds
- Direct interaction with SmarterTools developers and managers
- The ability to provide input and suggestions that will make a great product even better
We’re looking forward to hearing your input on the best SmarterStats yet!
This post was written by Tiffany D., a marketing and technical communications specialist for SmarterTools. If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to the SmarterTools Blog so you don’t miss an update.